Monday, September 18, 2017

Belle Isle Sunday - busy and mosquitoey

As soon as I was attacked by mosquitos I should have turned back for the deet sheets in my car.  But I didn't and for the entire circuit around the nature trail, I was harassed and distracted.  Needless to say I didn't see much.


However, the first thing I saw just stepping out of my car and, as yet, unimpeded by mosquitos were about 40 Chimney Swifts flying overhead.  I can't resist fall migrating chimney swifts and it was a good opportunity to shoot some video.


Talk about worn out - Spicebush (Papilio troilus)


Nearly finished with the trail I came to a tiny cluster of migrants. Among them was the Black-throated Green Warbler.


I donated blood to get these three photos.


I feel compassion for all of the warm-bloodied mammals and rodents who make the woods their home.

Seems like every weekend there is now an event held on Belle Isle.  On Sunday it was a run.    

No comments: