Sunday, May 13, 2018

A couple of flycatchers and woodcreepers


Above and below:  Slaty-capped Flycatcher (Leptopogon superciliaris)

12/01/18 addendum:  As below with Strong-billed Woodcreeper, please see explanation for misidentification.  Above and three below is Golden-crowned Flycatcher (Myiodynastes chrysocephalus).  I must add I think.  Matt has identified as Golden-bellied Flycatcher (Myiodynastes hemichrysus) which, by appearance, makes more sense, but I can't find a golden-bellied fly in any of my Ecuador resources, although we have seen golden-bellied in Panama and Costa Rica.  Whatever it is, slaty-capped fly is definitely the wrong identification.  



Above and below:  different Slaty-capped Flycatcher



Streak-headed Woodcreeper (Lepidicolaptes souleyetii) - I think.

12/01/18 addendum:  As Matt fills in his blog with photos from our 2018 trip, he recently posted photos of Strong-billed Woodcreeper (Xiphocolaptes promeropirhynchus) that I recognized from my own photos.  I confirmed the ID with Matt.  Above, I originally misidentified the bird in my photo.  Note that the addition of I think made clear that I was not too sure of my ID at the time of my original blog post.


Above and two below: Spotted Woodcreeper (Xiphorhynchus erythropygius




Above and below:  Ornate Flycatcher (Myiotriccus ornatus)



Wedge-billed Woodcreeper (Glyphorynchus spirurus)

No comments: