Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Again, from the New York Times and follow-up

Have just returned, literally last night, from a birding trip to Hungary which I will soon begin writing about here.  In the meantime, and before I've even had a chance to look at most of my photos, this article in the New York Times diverted my attention.  More real birding soon, I promise.

An article from this morning's NY Times may interest some:

Birds Leave Nest Involuntarily, and Oakland Fumes


Made me recall the petition I and many others signed against snowy owl killings at the G.R. Ford Airport in Grand Rapids this past winter. 

Makes me also wonder if we are not finally getting somewhere, albeit by tiny baby steps, in our battles to protect birds and other animals from the stupid decisions humans make.

No comments: