Sunday, June 22, 2014

Harold Eyster: Painting birds in Ecuador and more

Again, taking a brief but important diversion from my trip to Hungary, this morning I received a much needed gift in the form of an email from Harold Eyster.

Harold is currently traveling in Ecuador and while I am sure he will do many things during this trip, one of the things I know he is doing for sure is painting birds.  Harold's email gift included his Flickr Photostream with the first eighteen images being of birds he has painted thus far.  For a real treat and opportunity to appreciate true talent, please check out Harold's link.  You won't be disappointed.  

Many of his other drawings, paintings and travel photos are also included in this link.  For example, I see from the 7th image that Harold was able to see a Fork-tailed Flycatcher last month in the famous for birding Mt. Auburn Cemetery in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

As have many, I first met Harold and his sister, Artemis, when they were 7 and 5 years old respectively.  I don't know how I ever got so lucky to have my path cross theirs, but the benefit and pleasure has been all mine.

El Oro Parakeet (Pyrrhura orcesi) by Harold Eyser, June 2014





 




No comments: