Saturday, April 15, 2017

Non-bird, non-butterfly

One of my favorite things to photograph are dragonflies.  And, we saw quite a lot on this trip, but I had a lot of trouble getting good photos. When there was a lull in the bird action, I fixated on the dragonflies - but with little success.  The five photos below are all I have to show for my efforts. 


Above and below:  Unidentified.



Above:  Female Great Pondhawk (Erythemis vesiculosa) - can't tell from this photo, but significantly larger than our Eastern Pondhawk. 


Pin-tailed Pondhawk (Erythemis plebeja)


Rubyspot sp.


Above:  So cute, right?


Flower on the Canopy Camp trails.


Tail-less yellow-headed gecko (Gonatodes albigularis)


Above:  Now, this guy is cute - Central American Woolly Opossum (Caluromys derbianus).


Panamanian Night Monkeys (Aotus zonalis).


Finally, camouflaged immature mantis.  It was tiny.

There was one large snake seen on the Camp trails (not by me) and a few lizards but, overall, I was a surprised that we did not see more non-bird, non-butterfly species.      

No comments: