Saturday, October 28, 2017

Ruby-throated Hummingbird today

Came in with the groceries around 12:30 pm and was in my kitchen putting them away when I was shocked to see a Ruby-throated hummer at my feeder.  I knew my nectar was a week old so I quickly made up a fresh batch and, after the bird flew away from the feeder, ran out to get the feeder for a quick clean and refreshed nectar.  


I got my camera for a few blurry shots through my kitchen window as with the one above.


Then went outdoors and sat in an inconspicuous spot to wait for the bird to return.  This time it took a good long drink.  The feeder was swaying slightly with the breeze and these are all horrible shots.


Even blurry, clearly a Ruby-throated hummer on October 28th!



Addendum:  10/29/17

Ruby-throated still coming to my feeder today.  A little bit of sun helps the photo a little.


Last seen on 10/29 around 6:00 pm.

10/30/17:  Still present this evening from 6:35 - 6:42 pm.  Too dusky for photos.

10/31/17:  Still present late afternoon from 4:15 pm - 4:20 pm.  Photos below for documentation only.  They were taken through the back door windows.




No comments: