Saturday, June 24, 2023

Discovery

I glimpsed this image as it scrolled by in one of those Google photo videos that come to my phone every so often.  Wait!  Where did it come from?  I had no recollection of taking this photo.   


I did not find it in my iPhone photos.  But I had changed phones a couple of times.  I could not find it in my Google photo albums.  Then I went back to my old Macbook computer and found it in my Apple photos.  It had to be somewhere to show up in one of those videos. 

The photo was taken on June 12, 2015 with my Panasonic DMC-FZ200 camera.  But where was it taken?  I started with this blog.  In June 2015 Artemis Eyster and I took a long weekend trip to the Upper Peninsula to visit Susan and Mike Kielb.  On the night of June 12th we stayed at the Driftwood Motel across the road from Shepler's ferry service in St. Ignace.  That evening we visited Straits State Park and that's where I took this photo.

I guess that back in 2015 I didn't get too excited about taking a nice dragonfly photo.  It has been pointed out to me that this seems to be a good year for Four-spotted Skimmers (Libellula quadrimaculata) in southern Michigan.  I've been trying to find one without success. Fingers crossed I'll find another Four-spotted Skimmer this summer.

No comments: