Sunday, April 22, 2018

Green bird no. 2

The first time we saw this bird at Tandayapa Lodge it was high up in the trees in a mist-heavy sky.  I tried for some photos then and thought those couple would be the best I would get.  How wrong was I?


Above and two below:  Tandayapa Lodge hosted this Crimson-rumped Touconet (Aulacorhynchus haematopygus) perched right outside its dining room picture window.


I probably took about 20 photos of this cooperative bird.  So many of them were so similar that I was finally able to discipline myself and use the delete button.



Above and four below:  a pair of Crimson-rumped Toucanets showed up at the Mashpi area Amagusa feeding station and, while further away, were just as cooperative.





And one green and orange bird, too.


Rufous Motmot (Baryphthengus martini) also at Tandayapa Lodge.

No comments: