Sunday, April 1, 2018

Mixed bag of hummingbirds

Below:  Illustrative sign at Yanacocha Reserve.


Photos from a variety of locations and in no particular order.  I hope I have them all identified properly.


Above and below: Shining Sunbeam (Aglaeactis cupripennis)



White-whiskered Hermit (Phaethornis yaruqui)




Speckled Hummingbird (Adelomyia melanogenys) not seen at a feeder station but found in the woods and in the pouring rain.  Relatively speaking it was also perched distantly.  This photo was digiscoped for me by Rhoda using my iPhone.  


Above and two below:  Sword-billed Hummingbird (Ensifera ensifera)


Silhouetted



Above male and below female Green Thorntail (Discosura conversii)



White-necked Jacobin (Florisuga mellivora)


Green-crowned Woodnymph (Thalurania colombica)


Female Green-crowned Brilliant (Heliodoxa jacula)


Above and below:  male Andean Emerald (Amazilia franciae).  I think this may be my favorite hummingbird of the trip.  Just a little guy.  



Velvet-purple Coronet (Boissonneaua jardini)


Buff-winged Starfrontlet (Coeligena lutetiae)


Above:  Booted Racket-tail (Ocreatus underwoodii) was the most numerous hummer at Tandayapa Lodge.  I finally got a couple of decent photos of one perched away from the feeders.  I really liked this bird with its puffy white boots.      

I plan to add a couple of videos after I get them downloaded.

No comments: