Monday, June 5, 2017

Huron-Clinton Metropark vs. Nature

I want to bring readers' attention to a blog entry posted by Macomb County birder Paul Pronto on his blog titled, Pronto's Birding Macomb Township and Beyond.  See blog address below.  Depending upon when you are reading my post here, you may need to scroll to find it.  I would say that Paul fairly regularly adds new entries to his blog.

http://porontosbirdingmacomb.com

I've used the title of his June 3rd blog entry, Huron-Clinton Metropark Authority vs. Nature, in my title line.  I don't think Paul will mind, especially if it encourages our action.

If you are one who is hesitant to read blog narrative, scroll to the two photos at the very end of the post and I think that will be encouragement enough to continue reading.

In his post, Paul points out incidents that have occurred at several Huron-Clinton Metroparks.  With the exception of Lake St. Clair Metropark, I have not visited the Macomb metroparks.  I do, however, visit the Wayne County metroparks often, and though I cannot cite specific incidents as Paul does, I can say with certainly that the issues are the same - especially with regard to mowing.  I hate it.

Thanks to Paul Pronto for bringing this to our attention is such a clarifying manner.  I have joined the fight.  I invite you to do the same.


No comments: