Friday, April 15, 2022

A few birds photos from Costa Rica

Birds not already appearing in my other posts are below.  None of these were taken at feeder-stations and each gave some challenges.  I had a couple of other nice photos from feeder-stations but did not include them here.  

On this blog, if I make the photo its largest size part of the photo will be cut off.  As always, for better viewing click on the photo to enlarge.


Sun grebe


Broad-billed motmot under a canopy on a overcast morning.


A side of Red-legged honeycreeper that reveals the beauty that I had not seen before.


Green ibis


Long-tailed silky flycatcher with berry


Emerald toucanet


Morning sky


Hummingbird on nest - I forget which.


Male Resplendent quetzal


Volcano hummingbird


Olive-backed euphonia


I think - Yellowish-green flycatcher on nest


Bright-rumped Attila reveals where it gets its name.


Tufted flycatcher


The Volcano junco is endemic to Costa Rica and western Panama.  The field guide, Birds of Costa Rica by Garrigues and Dean describes Volcano junco like this:  "The glaring yellow iris and pinkish bill are diagnostic."  Italics are mine.   

No comments: