Saturday, April 9, 2022

Not a birding trip, but I did find some birds

Some final photos to close out my Celina, Texas weekend of visiting friends and a little bit of birding.

Of course, Black Vulture

Soaring Red-tailed Hawk

Red-tailed Hawk - one of my favorite photos from the trip

Dusty American Crow

Another favorite - Red-winged Blackbird and his harem

I loved this traditional Texas ranch house.  I had to jump a muddy spit of water to get to it for a closer look and a couple of photos.  It was mostly boarded up but the parked car in front gave me some hope that it was inhabited and would be restored.  However, I wondered if a restoration would even be possible in the middle of a gigantic Texas housing development.  I was glad to see it and photograph it when I did.  When I visit my friends again in a year or two, I won't be surprised if it no longer stands.  I also won't be surprised if there are no Loggerhead Shrikes, Lark Sparrows or Scissor-tailed Flycatchers.   


 

No comments: