Saturday, April 9, 2022

Second surprise

My title photo gives away this bird.  Even in a housing development, an open space may reveal a surprise.  When I saw the long tail hanging over the utility wire I was jolted into remembering where I was.  I saw Scissor-tailed Flycatchers twice in different locations, each time in a pair.  I took many photos and watched them fly catching.  They preferred their elevated perches making it a challenge for good photos.
The title photo and the two below are the only ones I kept.  Their behavior suggested they would be cooperative.  But, when I looked away from them, to check my camera setting or tie my shoelace, I looked up again to see they had flown and were not to be found again. It was as if they vanished into thin air.  This occurred with both pairs.     



 

No comments: